Decades: A Century of Fashion
by Cameron Silver and Rebecca DiLiberto
Order the book from ShopDecadesInc.com and have your copy personally signed by Cameron Silver!
Click here to preview the book!
Note: Delivery time will be subject to the author's availability to sign books. Orders shipping to the United States will be shipped via USPS Media Mail (delivery time is 7-10 days). If you need your book shipped to you faster please please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the weight of the book, expedited shipping and/or multiple book orders will be subject to a shipping fee.
About the book:
- Cameron Silver - founder and co-owner of Decades - runs the most glamorous vintage boutique in L.A., where Hollywood royalty go to find couture that is totally unique and utterly timeless.
- Cameron is an expert at taking the finest clothing from the past and giving it a second life--and this is what Decades is all about. It's the story--from Cameron's contemporary perspective--of twentieth-century style and innovation. The syles he showcases, along with his perceptive and witty commentary, dispel many of our preconceptions about decades past: the Edwardians weren't all buttoned up after all, the ubiquitous Audrey Hepburn wasn't the only fashion icon of the fifties, and yes, it was actually possible to dress with elegance in the eighties.
- Each chapter opens with a pair of women who epitomize rival hot trends, decade by decade--like the luminous Cheryl Tiegs, with her sunshine sexiness, versus Bianca Jagger, the dark disco goddess of Studio 54.
- The chapters close with a designer of the decade: think Chanel, YSL, and Dior at their most fabulous.
- Cut tall and slender, the book features 200 archival images of vintage fashions that still look stunningly modern. It's a bubbly, beautiful, spirited volume that will make you see style in a totally new way.
- Hardcover, 320 pages, Bloomsbury USA
Click here to preview the book with larger images!